Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lemon Meringue No Bake Cheesecake


I believe graham crackers make most desserts better. Not sure why this is, but they do, for all intents and purposes I present the following recipe and my obsession with putting graham crackers in milkshakes, just try it. That's whats up.


Anyhoo, this lemon meringue no bake cheesecake parfait-ish thing is all kinds of tasty, and guess what's in it? GRAHAM CRACKERS. Well there's way more than just graham crackers, this does have kind of a long name.... In my brain, at least, I like to think I tend towards a simple aesthetic when it comes to baking, but you may have your own opinions based on what I have posted. This dessert does not come across as aesthetically simple, but it's a cinch to whip together! Back to the aesthetic, scrolling through pinterest I see all of these concoctions that have so much crammed into them. And I kind of roll my eyes, say what you will, but that's what I do. No, I don't want oven fried chicken with salted caramel glaze and a side of chocolate pasta cooked in pickle juice (I have not actually seen a recipe for this, it's my own hyperbole for emphasis)! I just want some plain ol' fried chicken and 'taters! Enough of my "critiques" and on with the recipe! Although the name may be long, I will stand behind this over-crammed dessert! This is delicious and you should make it (how pathetic of a pitch was that).

Lemon Meringue No Bake Cheesecake 
Ingredients: 
Graham Cracker Crust:
Four graham cracker sheets, crushed in food processor
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Marshmallow Cheesecake:
1/2 Cup whipped cream cheese
1/2 Cup marshmallow fluff
1/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Lemon Curd
Whipped Cream
Extra Graham Cracker Crumbs for topping

Directions:
1. To prepare graham cracker crust, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, until thoroughly combined. Divide crust evenly between serving vessels (I made five of the little jars seen above), and press the crust into the bottom of vessel (talk about weird word for food, but couldn't think of anything else) with a spoon or ice cream scoop. Place prepared crusts in refrigerator while preparing cheesecake.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together whipped cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. This can be done with an electric mixer, or I chose to stir by hand and run my immersion blender through it.
3. Remove crusts from refrigerator. Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of cheesecake into each vessel, spreading with a spoon. Then spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon curd on top of cheesecake. Spoon another 1 to 2 teaspoons of cheesecake over lemon curd. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hour before serving. Immediately before serving top with whipped cream and additional graham cracker crumbs.

Notes: 
I used cold cream cheese with no problem, but the original recipe calls for room temperature.
I enjoyed these most after they sat in the fridge for one day.
I wish I had divided the graham cracker crust into two layers, so there would be crunch throughout, but that is my personal preference.
I topped mine with whipped cream, but I originally wanted to top these with a toasted marshmallow to mimic the meringue, but I don't have a torch, so I wasn't able to do so. Let me know how it goes if you try it that way!

Recipe Adapted/Inspired by How Sweet Eats
Print Recipe Here

2 comments:

  1. You've got all kinds of deliciousness crammed into that one, Molly! #yum!

    ReplyDelete